Wednesday, December 30, 2009

smarty pants

ellis wanted to do "arts and crafts" while beckett napped the other day. she includes coloring as an art and craft so i gave her the new washable pony book that santa brought her. a few minutes later she calls me into the kitchen to see how "i writed my name".  i thought, how cute...she thinks she can write her name...can't wait to see what this looks like!!   :) here it was:

i almost died!!! granted, her name is not the hardest to write...and the "s" is in an unusual spot...but this is LITERALLY her first attempt at writing her name EVER. and it wasn't written in front of her anywhere to copy.  how horrible that i have never worked on it with her...but i am not much of a homeschooler :)  i am 99% sure they have never done this @ school either...they are just now learning all of the letters.   i think she got my brain :)

1 comment:

  1. Way to go sweet Ellis!! :). We don't work on writing his name either...how horrible as I did teach for 6 years! I think that is really advanced at her age ESP since you haven't worked with her! His latest thing is telling us stories and sounding out words out loud when he says them...I'm thinking they are also learning this at school as we have not been working on that! Isn't it the best to see the lightbulbs going off in their heads! Now that's what I miss about teaching!!!

    ReplyDelete